Topic: Apple Cider Vinegar for our hair?

Hello all!

Could anyone explain to me how ACV is used for the hair and scalp. Please excuse my ignorance, I am fairly new to all of this and wanted to know how it is used. Straight from the bottle on the hair, mixed or diluted w/ anything? How long does it stay in the hair or should it be rinsed out immediately?
Massaged in or not? And what are the benefits of ACV for the hair and scalp, and how often could this be applied? Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

I have used Bragg's ACV in the AM w/ honey, molasses and H20 as a drink (Anthony's recommendation) which I actually enjoy. Seems to give me a quick pick me up and energy as well.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Gina

Re: Apple Cider Vinegar for our hair?

Gina,
i sometimes (not on every wash) put about a tbsp of ACV in a bottle of water (i'm not good at measuring so you can experiment what measurements work for you) and use it as a rinse. you want to tilt your head back to protect your eyes. i gently massage it into the scalp and hair (sometimes i put it when putting conditioner on the hair to save time), then rinse with water. some people let it stay and believe when it's dry it won't smell anymore but i'm very sensitive to odors so i rinse it out.  it's supposed to balance the PH of your scalp (i've used just white vinegar instead as well --recommended for lighter hair-- and it's worked just fine).  hope it helps.
-hengam