Topic: Xanthan Gum & Irish Moss
i've been coming across several places that states that Irish Moss & Xanthan Gum are not good for your health. Irish Moss might be a natural algae yet studies have found it to cause cancer. Maybe it's more harmfull when ingested yet why take the chance of rubbing it on one's skin or scalp? Poison Ivy is natural yet we won't rub that on our skin. i'm curious because you do use Irish Moss in all your shampoos :-)
And about Xanthan Gum... i've not heard good things about that either. As i understand Xanthan gum is synthetic according to the USDA National Organic Program definitions and regulations, and it is manufactured in large factories using an industrial process that utilizes isopropyl alcohol (petrochemical) to precipitate the gummy residue prior to milling.
why not use locust bean gum, guar gum, acacia gum or clay minerals?