1 (edited by rachelmaya 2008-04-07 21:06:50)

Topic: Chi conditioner as shampoo

Hello!  I have a few questions, as you can see.

Q1)I am wondering about using the chi conditioner as a fifth shampoo in the rotation.  For the 4 other shampoos, I apply first to scalp, then rinse, then apply to scalp AND length of hair, massage in, and rinse.  For the chi, would I apply first to scalp, then rinse, then apply to scalp and length of hair, massage in AND LEAVE 3 TO 15 MINUTES?

Q2)Should the chi conditioner ever be applied directly after using one of the other 4 shampoos?  Or is it best as a standalone shampoo/conditioner?

Thank you!
Rachel

Re: Chi conditioner as shampoo

Hey, Thanks! I was just coming here to ask the exact same two questions! How wierd is that?

Weird, but Wonderful to know I am not the only one thinking about these things!

Rachel

hi-I have no real answer for the first inquiry...as for the second one, yes, you can use it as a rinse out conditioner after using any one of the shampoos....I used to use it every day but after awhile I realized it was a bit much in terms of conditioning...using the shampoos and conditioning mists work just fine for my hair lately....

hi again rachelmaya,
in response to your first question, yes , that is exactly what i do. i treat it just like a shampoo, doing the 2 applications and leaving it in as long as i feel like on the second.
i really don't think you can mess it up, as anthony says, it is very conditioning and nourishing for the hair.

hmm. ... to the second question, i believe it can be used directly after any of the other shampoos, i just choose not to do it that way because by then , as bonbon stated, my hair is so over conditioned and being as thin as it is, it just lacks it's normal body.  I mean, it looks pretty and silky, i'm just not used to my own hair without all the fluff in normally has:)
So that is why i just started using the chi as if it were the 5th in the rotation, and that worked out well for me. 
i asked anthony a while back if that was ok and he said yes, that it was fine to do it that way.

hth:)
kb

That does help, thank you superbonbon and kathyb for your responses.

As a side note, do you guys do the zen detox and how has that impacted your hair?  I am a little afraid of it as it seems pretty strong based on the few times I used it, and my hair got a little dried out.  But I think my scalp could really use it.  I have been thinking about doing a round of it....

yes, i've been following the posts of the people who did not like it. 
the first time i used it, i think i felt the same, that my hair was dry, lack-luster and had a build up after zen detoxing.
normally after the second shampoo, for my hair, it goes back to it's normal state, and i begin to see the conditioning effects of the detox.

But my hair has changed so much in the past 2 years that I feel like it is hard for me to give a solid review of what i think of the product.
for example, the way my hair is now (thin) , i would tell you that i like the zen detox for the very reason that it makes my hair sort of frizzy and for the build up.
anything that makes my hair feel and look fuller.

I often wish that i still had the amount of hair i used to have so that i could really see the benefits of these products on a full head of hair.

i do think that the results get better each time you use the detox.  not only does your hair improve but i think you learn to refine your technique, such as mixing and applying.

Thank you Kathy!  I am motivated to try it, so I think I might brave it this weekend!

Rachel

rachel-I have posted before that my one and only use of the detox wasn't all that successful but not a total disaster.....after the next shampoo it usually reverts back to its 'normal' state....I also have issues with getting it to be not so clumpy....

for scalp issues, everyone must try the elixirs....I will post on this separately but I cannot tell you how much one entire round of elixirs has changed the condition of my scalp....more on that this weekend!

be well-

Superbonbon - I REALLY want to hear your experience with the elixirs.  Seems like a big investment, so I have been a little tentative, and was going to try the silver out over the summer.  Please tell!

Rachel

as a little tease ;-) I saw improvement in growth after using just the silver and gold....BUT after using the one month round of all of the elementals, scalp condition is WAY WAY better after years of absolutely nothing working....become a preferred customer with all of the specials and the silver/gold combo is buy one get one free and all four elemental elixirs are half off! great deal and the elementals are going to last for a few rounds of use...

Wow!  Superbonbon, I am a little confused about how to become a preferred customer...

hi rachel!-go to the 'Contact Morrocco' link on the main page....click and then on the contact page, scroll down to the  'mailing list' section and sign up for the newsletter! the specials are posted in the newsletter...

I had no idea there was a newsletter!  Thank you superbonbon nomicons/smile

you're welcome! :-)