Topic: my new method of shampooing.....

after reading an article on 'shampooing techniques', I decided to try them, with very nice results:
firstly, make sure hair is saturated with it water before shampooing...it said to focus on the temples, nape of neck and top off scalp when shampooing and massaging (most of the oil glands are in the first 2 areas).......I also decided to try shampooing and leaving the FIRST shampoo on longer then the second shampoo...I shampoo and massage, leave on for about a minute/minute and a half/rinse/ and the second shampoo is a quick one...my hair and scalp seem to be responding better to this method....

Lastly, I tried this method using a little bit of the CHI mixed in with the first shampoo and my hair came out so nice! conditioned but not weighed down like it is when I use it alone AFTER shampooing the second time...

just wanted to share ;-)

2 (edited by MacKey 2008-04-13 14:46:07)

Re: my new method of shampooing.....

i'm going to have to try that... to mix the Chi with some shampoo :-) like you i feel it weighs my hair down too much if i leave it on too long after shampooing, yet if i leave on too short a while, then my hair still needs more moisture.

thanks for sharing :-)

I have also mixed in the chi with shampoo!  Thanks so much for sharing, superbonbon.  I have a zen detox on as I write!

MacKey-try it and let me know how it goes....my hair stilll looks decent today w/o even washing...usually after using the chi, the next day I am a tad bit oily....not so today....

rachel-good luck with that detox! I will be trying it again this week...I'm at the halfway mark of resuming the elemental elixirs....

be well-