Topic: Is blunt cut always necessary?

I love the shampoo and conditioner; really made my hair curlier and full.

If I have healthy hair is it necessary to blunt cut? I do not want that dreaded  stupid looking triangle hair ( my hair is shoulder length curly layers). I am seriously considering growing it out but growing the layers out slowly. I used to have a blunt cut when long but didn't like the hippie look. One other thing , my neck hair is straight  so if I blunt cut all the same length, I will have 1-2" stringy straight hairs sticking out. I used to cut them shorter; is it okay to  do that? Also, It would be nice to see photos of people with different hair textures and lengths; not just super long straight hair on your website.

Re: Is blunt cut always necessary?

Hi HeatherOkay. How long have you been using the shampoos and conditioners? Was your hair already thick or did the MM help with that? My hair is also shoulder length and wavy to curly. Unfortunately it has been thinning over the last year. I have been doing the blunt cut according to the lunar chart. It actually looks pretty good considering the thinning. No one else can notice the thinning, but I can! And I can not stand the feeling of less hair. Sorry for the rant. LOL Just wanted to hear a success story. Thanks, Jennifer

Sorry, I was not clear. I just tried the poo& condish and got curlier and full LOOKING hair after the 1st use; maybe because I always use natural products. I do have some thinning due to low iron ( now on supplements) maybe stress and hormones. I did stop brushing a few years ago because all of the curlies on nc.com don't.  It feels good to brush again and I am lucky I can get a brush though my baby fine hair. Do you use a boar bristle brush? I had one but it wouldn't get my scalp so I am not sure about spending the $25 on one. I only brush 2X a day ( morning and night) because I like my curls and don't want to flatten them out. If I blunt cut my shoulder length hair the ends poof way out so my hair is way wider than it is long!

BLUNT SNIP HAIRCUTTING TECHNIQUES
sounds like it is easy for some and challenging for others
as for hairdressers very rare to find one to truly do a natural blunt haircut sculpture
so
I simple suggest one blunt ones hair oneself generally after the shower when ones hair is wet/damp simple comb all straight down and snip off the ends using our lunar haircutting dates.
it does not look hippie nor unsophisticated?  done simple and very blunt everones hair comes out different depending on ones thickness/thinness/curls/waves/collics/parts etc

hope this helps for some insights
Anthony

Yes, I understand a blunt cut. If I cut everything all at once straight across then, when my hair dries the curls shrink up 2"-3" but I will have STRAIGHT stringy neck hairs sticking out 2" ( like tails). I used to cut them as short as necessary so everything would be the same length when dry.

I see
then one grows out the hair to be longer then the neck hairs
or
continues to shear them off so they do not stick out
so
when one wears ones hair up the short hairs stick out
so
then one needs to snip them short

hope I got that one right
sounds like the only solution

Great Health and Luxurious Hair

Anthony

Hi HeatherOkay. I do use the MM blonde boar brush (for over a year). I love it. I bought both brushes in the beginning, but I felt like the regular boar bush was a little too harsh for my thinning. My hair is the same way when I brush it, bigger at the bottom than at the top. I used to complain so much about my bushy hair, but now that it is thinning some I have learned to be thankful for the fullness/ bushiness at the bottom. At least it's not thin at the bottom and top. I also find that the MM brush really adds a lot of fullness all over, even at the top. Especially when you flip over and brush, or brush in the opposite direction of your part and then part again. It picks up every little baby hair and makes them stand up and be counted!! Thank goodness. Jennifer