Topic: proteins

I see the Chi conditioner has marine proteins in it. I know wheat, soy and other proteins are really synthetic. I am using up all of my old "natural" products( no cones, sulfates, pvp or any of the real nasties). I have one gel that is all organic and has aloe gel with nettle protein, horsetail protein, rosemary protein plus natural vit E. Would this be okay to use?

Re: proteins

would like to see the name of the product company and fully disclosed ingredient lsits to make a judgement call on this one

and thanks for going truly Natural
Anthony

3 (edited by Heather0kay 2009-06-15 13:56:37)

The company is JustNatural.com

Aloe Vera,Purified water, organic nettle protein,
organic horsetail protein, organic rosemary  protein,
organic burdock protein, organic sage extract,
honeysuckle  extract,  organic lemon essential oil,
natural gum,Organic Jojoba Oil, Macadamia Nut
Oil, Candelina Oil, Essential Oils of Sweet Orange,
Atlas Cedarwood, Patchouli,  Rosemary, Lavender,
Ylang Ylang, Vitamin E.
( they say natural E but I noticed the aloe vera does not say organic and oils so I am checking with them again.)

went to their website
and
all they have are lots of bottles of PILLS ???????
and
cannot bring up any products for hair care nor skin care/?
persoally I dislike unfriendly user websites
they are a mass confused mess of not going direct to a product nor anyway of finding a direct subject.

dont know where you are getting this ingredient list
nor what product it is
so also this is very not helpful

when anyone wants to know ingredients'
please put down all the full disclosure
company
productg
where to find it exactly
and the full disclosure of the ingredient list

again there are NO labeling laws since 1934
another minor detail to consider.

Great Education and Health thru awareness

Anthony

Sorry the address is justnaturalskincare.com; the logo is Just Natural. They told me everything is organic.  The product is:  http://www.justnaturalskincare.com/hair/loss-proteins.html

after checking some of the ingredients:

decyl-glycoside  THIS IS A SLS for foaming purposes and not natural made in a laboratory

& coco-polyglucose,  another foaming agent sls made in a laboratory

decyl-glycoside &
coco-polyglucose,  another product and more sls made in a laboratory

Hydroxymethglycinate,  Organic herbal blend   rule # 1 if you cant pronounce it its NOT NATURAL  made in a laboratory

they have a great looking site with alot of organic and natural words and ingredients but they are NOT 100% by any means.

just a fast search to check out ingedients
my recomendation is to call them and ask direct ?'s like why do they have these ingredients in their products?

just my 2 cents

Great education

Anthony

I don't see any of the above ingredients in their protein gel: ( I don't use their shampoo, conditioner  or face stuff.)

Aloe Vera,Purified water, organic nettle protein,
organic horsetail protein, organic rosemary  protein,
organic burdock protein, organic sage extract,
honeysuckle  extract,  organic lemon essential oil,
natural gum,Organic Jojoba Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil,
Candelina Oil, Essential Oils of Sweet Orange, Atlas
Cedarwood, Patchouli,  Rosemary, Lavender,
Ylang Ylang, Vitamin E.
Organic and Natural Ingredients
Certification

I strongly suggest contacting a representative and asking what specifically "natural gum" is. Personally, I'm *very* wary of a company that calls itself "Just Natural Skin Care" and uses SLS derivatives and other chemicals in their products.

9 (edited by Heather0kay 2009-06-21 07:52:27)

Good idea; I think some gums can clog hair follicles. I am just using up all of my old products and I am having much success already with MM. My hair is healthy, full, I  am not bald , I am not loosing hair ; I think I will survive using up all of my old stuff!  I just want to use MM to enhance my curly hair and it is doing just that. Later on if it gets thicker using only MM , great! It would be nice to know exactly what a marine protein is and why it is better than a nettle protein or a wheat protein.