Topic: mineral makeup

Hi Anthony. Can you please give me your opinion on Bare Escentuals BareMinerals makeup? It says it is just ground minerals from the earth. Can this company be trusted? Thanks so much, Jennifer

Has anyone out there used this brand or any other brand of mineral makeup? I am looking for something completely natural. Thanks.

Re: mineral makeup

Bare Escentuals contains bismuth which can be an irritant. I use Everyday Minerals; it is very pure and a great company.

Thanks HeatherOkay. I'll check that one out.

dont really agree with any mineral makeup
its very drying and have heard alot of bad press on its faddish effects
suggest
checking out
www.bodydeli.com
home made cosmetics they are really doing great Natural make up made at their own shop in Palm Srpings and shipped on ice

Great Health and Education'
anthony

Creme de la Rose

INGREDIENTS: "Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Micro Clustered Ionized Water, Organic Macadamia Nut Oil, Organic Avocado Oil, Organic Plum Seed Oil, Organic Meadofoam Seed Oil, Organic Shea Butter Green Tea Extract, White Tea Extract, Tocotrienols, Soy Amino Acid Complex, Organic Shea Butter, Vegetable Emulsifying Wax, Polysorbate, Fresh Cells Of Pomegranate, Carrot & Pumpkin, Red Algae Amino Peptides, Squalane, Astaxanthin, Biotin, D-glucuronic, D-alpha-tocopherol, Resveratrol, L-Sodium Hyluronate, Royal Jelly, Soy Amino Acid Complex, Soy Lecithin, Beta-Glucosamine, L-alpha bisabolol, Organic Evening Primrose Oil, Chamomile (L-complex), Essential Oils of Organic Bulgarian Rose Otto, Rose Geranium, Sandalwood & Ylang-Ylang, Potassium Sorbate."

I've been taught that Polysorbate, which is chemically derived, is not safe. Can cause infertility. I don't understand why this company is using it.

Hi, I went to the bodydeli site and could not find any foundation. I don't know if I was just having a blind moment or if I was on the wrong site?????????? Anyone know the name of the foundation? Thanks, Jennifer

I like Everyday Minerals as well. Check out www.makeupalley.com on mineral make up reviews.

again my only comment is
that mineral cosmetics are VERY DRYING due to the over use of their powders

dont know of another make up line?  but suggest more research and search efforts

can anyone out their advise and give a all Natural cosmetic line?

great Health and Beauty
Anthony

I myself have yet to find an 'all natural' line of cosmetics. I'm a make up artist and get in 'trouble' for not wearing enough make up on the job, but I figure, who the heck knows whats in this stuff?  Well, technically I do as I took a semester learning about cosmetic chemical ingredients.  I just feel that a)less is more when it comes to make up and b)since there is so much crap in it, the less there is on my face, the lower the chance of having a reaction to anything. 

Just read the ingredients ladies and be weary about what you put on your skin.

There is an AWESOME book out there called "A Consumer's Dictionary of Cosmetic Ingredients, 7th Edition: Complete Information About the Harmful and Desirable Ingredients Found in Cosmetics and Cosmeceuticals" by Ruth Winters.  I highly recommend it.

Dear Concerned

thank you for your very honest opinion on Make up and I ditto all this and more:

being in the wellness industry and coming out of the hairdressing world in the 60's I can certainly relate to all the CHEMICALS OUT THERE that hardle anyone knows about and more so that anyone will be honest about.

what we put on our skin and scalp we actually literally take this into our pores and that all settles down into our glands
so
user beware Beauty is more profound when one is in ones own Natural Looking Beauty meaning LESS IS More for certain:

Inner Beauty is where our Health and Wealth truly lies:

and thanks for the recommendation on the book this is very much appreciated for all of your concerns and support

Great Health and Luxurious Hair and Scalp

Anthony Morrocco