Topic: Mixed Pure Boar Bristle & Nylon Brush vs. Pure Boar Bristle?

Hi there!

I am very happy to read that the boars are not slaughtered for the bristles, and hope that the cruelty-free line truly extends to these products.
I'm trying to decide whether to purchase the Mixed Pure Boar Bristle & Nylon Brush or the Pure Boar Bristle brush.
Based on the product descriptions, it seems that the Mixed brush is good for both distributing sebum and detangling. However, it mentions that the Mixed brush is good for "normal to thick hair"- is this because thinner hair types would not tangle as much and thus wouldn't need the nylon for extra detangling, or is there some other reason... like that the brush would pull hair out? I doubt that's the case, but just wanted to be certain.

Do you use a Boar Bristle brush?
Do you have the Mixed brush or the Pure brush, or do you use both- and why?
Are you happy with your product?

Thank you for your thoughts!

2 (edited by soaplily 2014-06-12 22:09:51)

Re: Mixed Pure Boar Bristle & Nylon Brush vs. Pure Boar Bristle?

Hello there!

I just got the mixed brush on recommendation from the company. It really all depends on the type of hair you have. I have long, fine hair but lots of it. Not so much that it's lushly full but my hair doesn't look thin either. The mixed brush helps penetrate the hair so all the strands get brushed. The all boar is for thinner hair that doesn't need nylon to penetrate.

The brushes will distribute the oil through out you hair and help to clean your hair.

Re: Mixed Pure Boar Bristle & Nylon Brush vs. Pure Boar Bristle?

Oh, I see! The mixed brush sounds great- my hair's just beneath my shoulder blades right now and I plan to grow it longer, it tends to be full too (except for during my seasonal sheds).

Thank you very much for your response!