Topic: Brushing 3 times per day

Hello,

So I am new to MM and I'm loving it so far. I've been "no poo" for over 6 months now so I didn't go through a detox phase but I never used to brush my hair even daily and I've been brushing at least 2 times per day now with my boar bristle brush after watching the brushing video here and I try to go 3 days in-between washings but I'm now finding my hair is looking really greasy by day 2 after I brush. Does anyone have any tips on why the brushing is making my hair look more dirty than when I don't brush? (I have color bone length semi-thin hair red henna hair) and I do wash my brush every 3 weeks or so as well.

Warning: preg_replace_callback(): Empty regular expression in /home/morforum/public_html/include/parser.php on line 811

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'text' (T_STRING) in /home/morforum/public_html/include/parser.php(811) : runtime-created function on line 1

Warning: preg_replace_callback(): Requires argument 2, '', to be a valid callback in /home/morforum/public_html/include/parser.php on line 811

Re: Brushing 3 times per day

Basically what is happening is the oils that were concentrated on your scalp are being spread to the rest of your hair, which gives you that clumping oil hair look. But that sebum is vital to self-healing, which is why our products work WITH it, rather than against it.

Have you tried the Earth Essence Shampoo? It might help control the oil production a bit better. Or you can dust in some Zen Detox as a dry shampoo.

I just started the brushing and my hair felt like it had a lot of product build up, in the brush there were flakes.  Am I not rinsing enough?

The flakes in the brush is very common and is a GOOD sign of detox! 

As for the product build up in hair, are you diluting the shampoos?
We suggest diluting your shampoo in a smaller bottle with 50% shampoo and 50% water.

Don' forget to shampoo your hair twice! 
The first shampooing cleanses hair and scalp of dirt, dead cells and dust.
The second shampooing and massage of your clean hair and scalp stimulates the flow of blood to the scalp and opens the hair follicles, allowing the blood vessels to feed each root, bulb and hair shaft, nourishing the entire follicle and activating the sebaceous (oil) glands.

Brushing hair increases oil production which makes hair look greasy. Depending on your hair type. If your hair is dry, it is advisable to brush your hair frequently, otherwise, lessen hair brushing if your hair is oily.

Brushing the hair actually doesn't increase oil production.  It actually spreads your scalps oils throughout your hair instead of having them just sit on your scalp.

Heredity, hormonal changes, improper diet or environmental factors are some of the most common contributors to an oily scalp.

Yes, exactly! Also hair type and amount of hair follicles nomicons/smile