Topic: Question about shampooing

I just started using the shampoos and am wondering about their consistency after diluting them. I don't know if I'm diluting correctly. The shampoo didn't have a thick consistency anymore and was very liquid. I was wondering if the diluted shampoo was supposed to be like this or if it is supposed to be a little thicker? If it helps I have wavy, medium length normal hair.

Re: Question about shampooing

The dilution amount only matters in that: you dilute it so that you can work it through your hair/onto your scalp easier. Usually they say to do 1/2 product and 1/2 water. 1:1 ratio. It will be a little watery since it's all natural and contains no chemicals or lathering agents. So don't fret! You just don't want to water it down so much that it runs quickly out of your hair into the bathtub below. nomicons/smile As long as it's thin enough to work through your hair, but thick enough to stay in your hair while you massage it, you are A-OK!

<3 Emma

I actually dilute WAY MORE than we suggest! My hair is super thick and wavy-curly, so it's always been hard to get the shampoos through my hair. I take about a tablespoon of product and a pint mason jar of water, shake shake shake, and then dump that over my head like a rinse. Two rinses per jar.

That helps a lot! I have relatively thick hair and like I said before it's about medium length now, so I usually use a little more shampoo than most people. I was afraid I was doing something wrong when I kept having to add a bit more shampoo to the dilution. I tried again yesterday and I think I'm close to finding the right dilution for my hair. Thanks again for the help!

Hey brittff,

another couple tips is to use a bottle the has a pointy applicator tip so you can get the product right to your scalp and only do a section of your scalp at a time by squirting a little product and then use your fingers to gently rub it in. I do this in about 5 sections and then use a little bit on the length of my hair. Rinse and repeat. My bottle even has measurements on the side so I can make sure I'm using half of my diluted mix per wash. Hope this helps even more nomicons/smile

Anyone know why there's a need to dilute the shampoo? Is it safer compared to a concentrated shampoo?

Our shampoo is very concentrated so we recommend diluting it so it is easier to use and so it doesn't make your hair and scalp too oily.  Using too much of our shampoo can actually make the hair and scalp too oily.  It is also very difficult to spread without diluting it.

Thanks for your reply, Katie@MM.