Topic: the pH of the shampoos

Hi everyone! I've for the past years used shampoo bars to wash my hair with. I've learned that it wasn't such a good thing in the long run (even though it did wonders for my hair the first year) because the shampoos have a different pH than my scalp and rinsing with apple cider vinegar each time wasn't good either.
I've now bought your shampoos and  used the zen detox once. I loved the zen detox for my hair, but using one of the shampoos has left me feeling that the pH might be off.. We have hard water here in Denmark, could that be causing my hair to be waxy and and kind of flat?

Re: the pH of the shampoos

Basically, my question is... What is the pH of the shampoos? I haven't used chemical shampoos for two years, haven't used other hair products much, so didn't expect much detoxing.. but I am experiencing a waxy feeling hair and not much life.. and a lot of dandruff. Is it just the detox phase? or should I be worried that I have hard water?

Warning: preg_replace_callback(): Empty regular expression in /home/morforum/public_html/include/parser.php on line 811

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'text' (T_STRING) in /home/morforum/public_html/include/parser.php(811) : runtime-created function on line 1

Warning: preg_replace_callback(): Requires argument 2, '', to be a valid callback in /home/morforum/public_html/include/parser.php on line 811

The pH of the scalp is around 4.5-5.5, that is pretty disappointing. nomicons/sad I've read that you suggesting doing an AVC rinse, but I am not so happy about that as it dries my hair out...

Warning: preg_replace_callback(): Empty regular expression in /home/morforum/public_html/include/parser.php on line 811

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'text' (T_STRING) in /home/morforum/public_html/include/parser.php(811) : runtime-created function on line 1

Warning: preg_replace_callback(): Requires argument 2, '', to be a valid callback in /home/morforum/public_html/include/parser.php on line 811

So I don't need to be doing an AVC rinse? nomicons/smile Do you think the flakiness will go away on its own?

You can definitely still do an ACV rinse it will help get rid of extra build-up and oils on the scalp.  I would also recommend the Zen Detox once a week for the next three weeks to help speed up the detox process.  The Pine Shale Shampoo is great for dandruff, so rotate that one and the Sea Essence Shampoo in more often and that should really help a lot.

Is it necessary to do an AVC rinse? Because I really don't want to. 
I don't have problems with build-up and oils. My hair is dry. 
Yes, I have used the zen detox twice now and I love it! I actually use it instead of shampoo. I used it 3-4 days and and my hair is still good! Don't need to be washing it. My hair is curlier and and less dry. 
Also, the brushing helps with the flakiness A LOT. I love it. nomicons/smile 
The only thing I REALLY don't want to do is an AVC rinse because I don't think it is good to mess with the pH of the hair that much. I really just wants a shampoo that can balance my hair pH on its own without needing a rinse.

No, it is not necessary to do an ACV rinse.  If you don't have build-up it is not necessary.  You do not need to do an ACV rinse.  nomicons/smile

Wait, how do I know if I have build up? Is it the waxy feeling and flakiness?

Yes, the waxy feeling and a lot of flakes means you have some build-up