Topic: Wet Hair Every Day Safe??
I am a Caucasian Hispanic with VERY FINE, delicate, dry 3A/3B hair. I HATE the way my hair looks curly, which is why I turned to MM.
I started using MM recently and assume I'll be going through detox for about the next 30-60 days, since I've used only chemical-ridden, artificial cleansers up until this point. I'll be helping this process along with Zen Detox for 3 consecutive weeks, as recommended.
I refuse to wear my hair down & natural until it improves. It just looks awful right now.
I normally wear my hair in a quasi-bun since I've been avoiding heat styling it straight (to improve its health). I say "quasi-bun" because my hair is so thin AND low-density that I have to fan out a ponytail loop in order to make it look as if I had enough hair for a real bun.
That being said, I thoroughly wet my hair in the shower daily to achieve this look. I do not shampoo every day, since I've heard it is bad for dry curly-haired types. Instead, I shampoo every 3 days or so (when my scalp starts to itch a little by the nape), but I condition every day. I use the conditioner to cleanse on the days that I don't shampoo.
So, my questions are:
1) Is it safe or advisable to wet hair every day in this fashion?
2) If so, does it matter that my wet hair is in a bun and takes half the day to dry?
3) How often should my hair type shampoo? (I know I CAN shampoo every day since MM is natural, but SHOULD I?)
5) Is it okay to conditioner cleanse every day I'm not shampooing?
6) If not, should I just be wetting my hair & applying a leave-in instead?
Thanks so much in advance! As you see, I'm committed and excited to start my healthy hair journey