Topic: Mixing light brown and dark brown henna? Best idea for bleached ends?

Hi, I ordered 1 bag of Medium Brown Henna. I saw on a blog by someone who uses MM Henna and has similar length and textured hair as I, and said she needs 2. She had canisters, I think it was over 2 years ago she posted the video. I'm assuming it is the same amount in the bags and canisters? I will be buying a second bag before I take the plunge. But I am wondering... About 3-4 inches of the end of my hair is a orangey, blonde yucky color. I had been doing semi color glazes ever since the awful experience of my friend just graduating hair school doing my hair and then going to the salon to get it fixed. The seasoned hair stylist bleached my hair without my consent! All of a sudden I asked her why it smelled so bad and she told me it was from the bleach nomicons/shocked and she would only be using a little on certain strands!
So my question is, should I use dark brown on the ends? And what would mixing the medium brown Henna and dark henna cause? I do not want black hair. I was just afraid that I may end up with that if I bought the dark brown. I would rather have it be darker vs lighter. Will the medium brown make my hair lighter? Or would it cause my hair to become red or orange at all? I certainly do not want that. My hair is a dark medium brown and sort of ashy. I do have a lot of natural highlights as well.

Re: Mixing light brown and dark brown henna? Best idea for bleached ends?

Yes, it is the same amount in the containers as in the bags.  I am so sorry for your experience!  You can certainly try using the Dark Brown Henna on the ends, although I am not sure how successful it would be.  I would recommend doing the Dark Brown Henna on the ends the first time, then doing the process again but this time use the Medium Brown Henna.  The Dark Brown Henna will not turn out black on your blonde strands.  Try to make sure you are only getting the blonde areas with the Dark Brown Henna.  It will be a warm brown tone.  There is no way to get a cool brown tone with henna.  The henna will not lighten hair whatsoever, it will actually darken your hair with each application.

Re: Mixing light brown and dark brown henna? Best idea for bleached ends?

So I just had a similar experience of dying over my ombre golden blonde with the MM henna. I processed the henna with amla powder instead of tea. The created a cool brown tone, the catch is that my unbleached areas turned a little more red. I need to do a couple different glosses to even that all out but it is possible to get a more "cool" tone.