Warning: preg_replace_callback(): Empty regular expression in /home/morforum/public_html/include/parser.php on line 811

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'text' (T_STRING) in /home/morforum/public_html/include/parser.php(811) : runtime-created function on line 1

Warning: preg_replace_callback(): Requires argument 2, '', to be a valid callback in /home/morforum/public_html/include/parser.php on line 811

Topic: Winter Detox

Re: Winter Detox

The change of the seasons can bring on many detox like symptoms and can often be frustrating for many people.  The change of the seasons causes weather changes such as things get drier, colder in the winter and hot and humid in the summer.  This affects your hair, just like it does your skin.

Yes, my hair always gets calmer and less curly in the winter but this makes it seem like I will also detox every year when the seasons change, like my skin changes every year with the seasons. If my hair had to reject all the chemical build up, why has that resumed, when I haven't used any chemicals since my initial detox?

I'm really trying to understand this, because not understanding makes me feel like I should just switch to regular shampoos and have clean hair for once. I'm very discouraged. If I can understand what is actually happening, since my scalp has already rejected chemical build up, hopefully I will be able to understand why this is worth it.

Thank you so much for your answer and help!

The symptoms you are going through are not true detox symptoms.  The change of the seasons, especially to winter and summer, can cause many hair issues such as static, dryness, frizz, oiliness, etc.  The same way your skin gets dry or cracked and needs extra care in the winter, so does your hair.  You will need to change up your routine during the winter, just like you do with your skin.  You will most likely need much more moisture.  Try to avoid any heat on the hair as this can cause it to become brittle.  I would highly recommend doing the Zen Detox once a week for the first three weeks during the change of the seasons to get you through this rough patch.  I myself went through a rough spot in the winter and ended up changing my whole MM routine to compensate.  Environmental and weather changes have a LOT of effect on hair and skin.

Thank you! Hmm even if this isn't true detox, my hair feels almost identical to how it did during my detox. There is so much matted, sticky, weird smelling build up that its almost impossible to run a brush through the top part of my hair. If I touch my hair/scalp and lift my hand, it has sticky residue on it. My hair is less dry than usual, and I almost never blow dry/flat iron/heat curl my hair. I have done the zen detox 3 times since starting my "winter detox." If this change really will last the whole winter and will come every winter, how do you recommend trying to change my routine?

Oh! And another thing that makes me feel like this is detox--when I brush my hair the build up of the same grayish sticky stuff comes out on my brush.

I'm having a similar problem. I didn't have much initial detox a few months ago when I started. All of sudden it is happening now after my henna application nomicons/sad I am going to purchase the Earth shampoo along with the zen detox to try n remedy this. It is a bummer bc I just bought all the conditioners and 3 shampoos for DRY hair! bc that is what I was dealing with. There is a no return policy as well so I cannot exchange items for Earth or zen detox. Lmk how you made out! Spread the hope that this passes!

8 (edited by italesara 2015-03-22 17:44:17)

I wasn't making it out, so a few days ago I washed my hair with aloe vera and then diluted acv and it worked wonderfully. My hair hasn't felt this clean since I used regular shampoo. I've been researching and haven't found any harmful effects of these two, so hopefully I can stick with this. I imagine though that the acv might lighten your henna color (unless you did a neutral henna). I totally understand, I want to use up all of my three bottles of shampoo as well, so hopefully I'll be able to switch back to MM successfully. I'm glad I wont have to abandon all the time I spent avoiding chemicals in my hair though! Good luck!