Topic: Combing wet hair?

Hello, I am new to the MM. Just started using the products last week and so am in the process of hair detox. When I get out of the shower my hair (which is very short) is one big tangled mess. It's VERY difficult to comb out even when I use the leave in conditioners. I just read something on this site that said I actually should not be combing my hair wet at all, but I'm so used to taking my shower in the morning before work (I feel yucky otherwise!) and even though my hair is short without a blow dryer it will take half the day to dry so I can't wait until it dries to comb it. And I think if I wash it before bed instead it will dry funny because I will be sleeping on it. I'm not sure what to do? What would you recommend?

Also, will my hair get easier to comb as the health improves? Or will it always be this big tangled mess because the products are natural? (I think/hope it's just hair detox, but I don't see how the hair will ever not be tangled!)

Thank you so much! I love the products and am thrilled to be doing something that is more healthy for my hair and body! 

Amanda

Re: Combing wet hair?

Hi, I can't answer most of your questions but I personally won't comb while wet not only because my hair has always tangled too easily (it's very fine and I think that makes it so while wet it wraps around itself even more?) because of hair being more prone to tearing when it's wet. It increases your risk of breaking it, it stretches more and the cuticles are lifted rather than laying flat (not sure if this applies for cold water), but I do know of people who will even boar bristle brush in the shower and it doesn't seem to bother them at all.

As for sleeping with wet hair - invest in a silk pillowcase if you can. I recently got one and I am SO in love with it, for my skin as well as my hair. It's awesome in so many ways, keeps everything neat while resting nomicons/smile

Thank you for your reply Ajlez!!  nomicons/smile I will have to get me a silk pillowcase!! Just washed my hair and I am resisting the urge to comb it until it dries nomicons/smile

We don't recommend brushing when wet because it can stretch the hair and cause breakage.  You can very gently comb with a wide toothed comb.  Tangling is a very typical sign of detox.  It does get better.  I would recommend using the Pearl Essence Creme Rinse in the ends to help with some of the detangling issues!