Topic: Brushing and Detox

I have been using MM for almost five months now.  I never went through a horrible detox period, which I thankfully attributed to diet and other cosmetics changes I had already made before starting.  But, I do have ongoing detox-like issues with brushing. Any/every time I do the recommended hair brushing routine, my hair becomes incredibly greasy and looks horribly dirty to the extent that I need to wash my hair before going anywhere that involves dressing in anything other than yoga pants (and as an attorney, I can't really wear yoga pants to work:)).  As a result, I am very hesitant to use the brushing routine unless I am going to be able to wash my hair before the next time I need to look presentable.  I've been able to reduce the frequency of washing dramatically, so this generally means I brush the night and morning before I shampoo(~2 times per week), and on the weekends when I don't have anything big going on.  
Should I go back to washing daily so that I can do the brushing routine?  Is this something that will improve with time, as part of a detox process?  Does anyone else have this problem?

Re: Brushing and Detox

Hmm I had this problem before I started MM, it made me really unimpressed with brushing. I'm not sure what changed that it doesn't make my hair unpleasant anymore, I do always use the scalp massager and I think it helps keep my scalp cool and clean (and thus not "release more oils and get dirty" maybe?). Is your brush pure boar bristles?

I also (re)started out brushing for short periods when I began MM and slowly increased how long I brush for, since I read somewhere to do that if you have thin/weak hair (as I do).

Re: Brushing and Detox

Thanks for your thought.  Yes, my brush is pure boar bristles.  I will try reducing the amount of brushing.  Even washing on a daily basis hasn't mitigated the grime and clumping of my hair when I do the brushing routine.  Frankly, I'm unconvinced that this is worthwhile.  I'm willing to be patient if there is light at the end of the tunnel, but I don't really see that right now.