Topic: Very Itchy Scalp

I started using MM shampoos about 4 months ago. I went through the whole detox process, and thought I was finally done with it. I started using MM bc every shampoo made my scalp super itchy. At first, MM helped and I was feeling no itch all through the detox, but as I slowly came out the detox, my itch came back. It is the same severity of itch 24/7 no matter if I just washed it or I washed it 5 days ago. I brush my hair before every time I wet/wash, but because of my super curly hair I can not just brush whenever I want. I haven't noticed the itch being any better or worse with different types of shampoos. It is all the time. I do not have any type of dandruff, flakes, bumps, etc. It just itches!!
Someone please help me and tell me what I can do to ease the itch. It is horrible. Thank you.

Re: Very Itchy Scalp

How long have you had the itching problem for now? Like, years? Do you oil your scalp? Maybe it's related to your water quality or diet?

MM got rid of my flaked scalp and itchiness, I was really shocked the couple times my scalp itched again and I am not sure why it happened, but I also have trichotillomania and from my experiences with that I've learned that my diet plays a huge part in how my scalp feels. So I think it could have been how I was eating at the time (it went away, but in the meantime I used the MM scalp massager).

Try putting olive oil in your hair let sit about 10 min and then wash out. I have done this and it has helped with the itch. I also read today that ACV is good to help itch. It also has a lot of other benefits too.

Good Morning Chelsea. I do have to ask the same as Ajlez in this case as environmental factors can and do play a huge part in how our body acts. However, this may be a medical issue you may want to consult a professional with. Detox can present with a lot of oil, and this may have been helping your itchiness issue, though it obviously was not a cure, just a symptom reliever. I would advise continuing with the products as this itch has been occurring since before the use of MM. Having a total lack of synthetic chemicals is only a plus. That being said, maybe additional medication or therapy could be necessary.