Topic: Need support from MM success stories!! Please!

Hi everyone. I am sending out a desperate call for any and all success stories with MM, big success or small success. I just really need some support right now to stick with the program. I used MM for 5 months last year and I liked it but just sort of got tired of the no suds. I have been using Aubrey Organics ever since.

I started back on MM a little over 2 weeks ago, brushing, massaging, etc. I love the way it is making my hair look and feel, much fuller. But I am loosing much more hair at every washing. I wash once a day because my hair is fairly oily. Like I said I love the full look when it dries, but I can tell when it is wet that I am loosing a lot of hair. I also have the evidence in my shower and in my sink. I really want to stick this out, and hopefully the shedding will slow down. But it is very hard to see so many hairs fall out!

Is there anyone out there who had a similar experience and can share their story with me, positive or negative? Did anyone experience this initial shedding? How long did it last? I do not remember this happening last time I used MM. And I wouldn't think I have much detoxing to do since I have been using Aubrey and nothing else.

Thanks in advance for sharing, whether brief or long. I think it will do us all good to hear or rehear some great stories, Jennifer

2 (edited by Heather0kay 2009-06-08 15:43:43)

Re: Need support from MM success stories!! Please!

Stress, hormones, low iron levels, low thyroid, bad diet, etc. can cause hair loss. If you been tested recently and your mom is not bald then I wouldn't worry, it should grow back. I didn't have any initial shedding but I think I already lost all that I am going to loose before I started MM. I do worry sometimes since I have curly hair,  too much hair comes out if I am really tangled. I like the immediate results from the MM shampoos; much curlier and full looking. I am used to conditioner washing or just water rinsing so the no lather thing does not bother me. Sorry no great story for you but just wanted to make sure there is no underlying health issue.

Thanks HeatherOkay. My mom has wonderful hair. My iron and ferritin came back fine. I do have stress mainly about my thinning hair! Crazy but true. I also started bioidentical progesterone therapy last month because bloodwork said my body was making none. So I definitely have the stress, hormone problems going on. I was shedding before starting the progesterone, but now a month into the progesterone and almost 3 weeks into MM I am shedding horribly. Don't know if it's my body getting use to the hormones (but progesterone is supposed to make hair thicker!) or getting use to the MM?????? Thanks again for your response, Jennifer

Interesting, I just started progesterone cream! I used to be very stressed out and my iron was low, so was my Vit D level. I am hoping soon my hair will get thicker!

My ferritin was low, but I finally have it at a decent level. My vitamin D was very low and I am still working on it. Sounds like we're in the same boat! If I could just stop worrying so much about my hair, I think it would get a lot better. How long have you been on progesterone cream? Did you notice any initial shedding with it? I have been on it for one month. I use compounded cream in the morning and micronized capsules at night. I am hoping for thicker hair soon too! That's why I have been so discouraged with this new shedding since starting MM. Hopefully it is just temporary.  How long have you been using MM?

6 (edited by Heather0kay 2009-06-10 14:34:02)

I have been using MM for about a month; I am doing a modified version using up all of my old "natural" products( no silicones, plastics or other nasty stuff) and growing out my layers slowly . I have been doing progesterone cream for 9 months, just switched brands so really don't notice  any improvement/difference yet. I used to shed a ton of hair and my drains would clog monthly, then I noticed over a year ago they did not clog anymore and it wasn't a bad haircut....it was just a lot more scalp showing and not  as much hair left to shed!  I try not to worry so much about my hair; it is not getting any thinner.( I have a pre-menopausal pooch to worry about instead!)  From what I have read it will grow back after menopause( oh wow, I can't wait!)  or stay the same but not get worse. I know my thinning is not genetic so I will not go bald. I have also read that shedding may be a good sign that a new hair loss program is working. I am not sure how that works but I hope this is the case with you.  I use Keratin hair fibers to cover the thin areas but I don't need as much since I have been using MM.

Using MM for about 3 1/2 years. Will never go back or use anything else again. MM saved my hair.

I started following the Morrocco Method about 3 years ago and stopped all chemical processes.  I also paid attention to all the "spokes in the wheel" and my thinning hair started to thicken up.  I no longer feel like I am going bald, I am now happy with my hair.